Sep 12, 2023
Look to the Horizon, and know you're Bound for greatness!
Welcome to TFT's final mid-set! In these notes, we'll go through all the changes to existing systems, but to get a more detailed breakdown of what's coming in the mid-set, check out our Horizonbound Gameplay Overview. For more information on the new cosmetics and Pass check out that link, and for a candid conversation on the history of mid-sets with Mort, Alex, and yours truly, click it here.
With Horizonbound's launch, Bilgewater took over as one of our most dominant comps, so we're bringing down the power of their cannonfire across the board, as well as reducing the power of both frontline & backline bonuses for Strategist at later breakpoints.
- Bilgewater (3): 140 + 40% ⇒ 90 + 30%
- Bilgewater (5): 200 + 60% ⇒ 125 + 50%
- Bilgewater (7): 350 + 100% ⇒ 300 + 65%
- Strategist Shield: 250/400/600/900 ⇒ 250/400/575/850
- Strategist AP: 15/25/40/60 ⇒ 15/25/35/55
We're also taking the opportunity to fix a few Trait-related bugs, and bring down new Horizonbound outliers like Nilah & Qiyana.
- Aatrox Bugfix: Darkin revive animation is now the intended shorter time
- Aatrox Bugfix: Is now invulnerable while reviving
- Azir Spell Damage: 100/150/500 ⇒ 95/140/500
- Cho'Gath Mana: 20/80 ⇒ 30/90
- Ekko Bugfix: Ekko will no longer try to Rogue dash while he's casting, and will no longer try to cast while he's Rogue dashing. This should address cases where Ekko casts on himself while Rogue dashing during his cast
- Ekko Spell Damage: 270/405/610 ⇒ 255/380/570
- Miss Fortune Mana: 10/50 ⇒ 10/60
- Nilah AS: 0.85 ⇒ 0.8
- Nilah Cleave Damage: 75/75/100% ⇒ 65/65/100%
- Poppy Demacia Radiant Item: Gargoyle Stoneplate ⇒ Protector's Vow
- Qiyana Health: 700 ⇒ 650
- Qiyana Mana: 20/80 ⇒ 40/100
- Qiyana Spell Range: 3 ⇒ 2 hexes
We're temporarily removing Shurima's Legacy due to a bug, and toning down the power on The Boss & What the Forge.
- The Boss AS and AP per sit-up: 45 ⇒ 40
- Shurima's Legacy: Temporarily disabled
- What the Forge Health: 160 ⇒ 110
Bilgewater's cannons aren't the only cannons hit - we're tuning down the damage amp on Rapid Firecannon.
- Rapid Firecannon Damage Amp: 12% ⇒ 8%
- Radiant Rapid Firecannon Damage Amp: 20% ⇒ 15%
Sorry Training Dummies, you had your moment.
- Training Dummies can no longer be recombobulated, and no longer deal Tactician damage.
The best place to check out our cosmetics is in game, but the second best place is the link here!
We've made some adjustments to Horizonbound's Pass structure since our original Runeterra Reforged Pass release! The most notable differences for the Horizonbound Pass are additional Little Legends and an instant Treasure Token reward, but there will still be quite a few other stops along the pass to check out! To show this, we've got a handy graphic available ***rummaging sounds*** here!
And now that you've seen the bigger picture, let's chat about the specifics. The Pass+ can be unlocked for 1295 RP, but as always, you don't have to decide to buy it right away. You can upgrade to the Pass+ later, and retroactively receive everything you would have unlocked with the Pass+ active. Check out the below images for a peek at some of the content.
To get to Bilgewater Bay, you're going to need a ship. Good thing the Pass+ has three of those along the way!
Now that we've seen where you can play, let's see who you can play as with the Pass+. Our Pass+ has two Little Legends. Stellacorn Lightcharger can be found frequently grazing the crags of Mount Targon, but also within the Pass+ at one star! Don't worry, there are plenty of Star Shards in the Pass to take Stellacorn Lightcharger to the top of Mount Targon! The other Little Legend, Scuba Sprite, can be found at the bottom of the deepest chasm, or the start of the Pass (whether you have the Pass or the Pass+).
Finally, when exploring a place like Runeterra, you're bound to come across the odd life-draining power or serpent slaying harpoon. The Pass+ will come with four unique Booms: Shadow's Grasp from the Shadow Isles, Serpent Slayer from Bilgewater, Bandle Blast! from Bandle City, and Toxic Cloud from Zaun.
CHIBI IRELIA AND CHIBI DIVINE SWORD IRELIA
Dance like nobody's watching. Fight like your homeland depends on it! You can repel the Noxian invasion (or bottom four) with Chibi Irelia directly from the shop for 1900 RP. She'll come with her signature Boom, Vanguard's Edge, that's sure to swing the tide of battle.
With the power of a dragon and the cuteness of a Chibi, this goddess is here to blade-dance her way into your heart. Chibi Divine Sword Irelia is a Star Content drop from Treasure Realms, whose finisher alludes to her fabled dealings with Dragon Kings and fools.
KNIFE PUP AND KNIFE HOUND LITTLE LEGENDS
Knife Pup and Knife Hound are TFT's take on Naafiri's packmates in Little Legend form, one the pinnacle of Darkin physique, and the other, well… Knife Pup.
Knife Pup and their variants are available for direct purchase for 750 RP (rare) and 925 RP for their epic variants. Check out their variants below: Knife Pup (base), Thunderstorm Knife Pup (rare), Kernel Knife Pup (rare), Soul Fighter Knife Pup (epic), Lone Loaf Knife Pup (epic), Kanmei Knife Pup (legendary).
You can pick up Knife Hound and their variants for 750 RP (rare) and 925 RP (epic). Check out Knife Hound's variants below: Knife Hound (base), Akana Knife Hound (rare), Thunderstorm Knife Hound (rare), Shurima Knife Hound (epic), Soul Fighter Knife Hound (epic), Shiba Knife Hound (legendary).
You've bravely wandered Runeterra amidst a Convergence storm, and if you made it to Gold or higher along the way, there'll be a special Chibi Aatrox emote emote for you to flex with!
If you played Hyper Roll and finished Green, Blue, Purple, or Hyper tier, then you'll get an emote to signal that too!
And if you've been exploring Runeterra with a friend, good on you, ‘cause it's dangerous to wander alone. Plus you could get any of these Double Up emotes if you hit Gold or higher!
HORIZONBOUND RANKED RESETS
- Your rank has been "soft" reset down one tier below your current standings. For example, if you are currently in Gold II you will now be in Silver II.
- If you are very good at this game and currently placed in Master or above, you will be reset to Diamond IV.
- You will get five provisional matches after the reset, meaning you will not lose any LP for sub-top-four placements in your first five ranked games of the new stage. You'll also gain some extra LP for finishing top four, so best of luck!
- Ranked rewards for the first half of the set will be distributed with this patch, but it may take a couple days to complete the rollout.
The biggest change coming in Horizonbound aside from the new units and traits of course, is our overhaul of the item system, but I'll save that for another section! We've got a few other small ones to go over below.
We're changing the requirements for a trait to be Prismatic, so that if it is Prismatic, you can expect it to be unusually powerful and hard to hit. Otherwise, it may simply be another level of Gold trait power.
- The following traits are Prismatic: 6 Piltover, 9 Bilgewater, 9 Demacia, 9 Ionia, 9 Noxus, 9 Shurima
- The following traits have been changed from Prismatic to Gold: 8 Bastion, 8 Challenger, 8 Invoker, 8 Sorcerer, 8 Void, 6 Gunner, 6 Vanquisher, 6 Zaun, 5 Strategist, 4 Ixtal, 4 Targon
- 3 Freljord
SHRED AND SUNDER
Shred (MR reduction) and Sunder (Armor reduction) have been reduced across the board. Items and Champs have been adjusted, so keep an eye out in those sections.
- 40/50/70% ⇒ 20/30/50%
CRITICAL STRIKE CONVERSION
Getting over 100% crit now grants even more critical strike damage! For example if you had 110% critical strike chance in the past, you'd get 5% bonus critical strike damage. Now that 5% is 8%, hooray for crit stacking!
- Critical strike conversion from excess crit over 100% has been increased from 50% to 80% conversion
Sometimes you could get more than four item components with Krug or Wolves, which created an odd spike in tempo/decision making that we want to smooth out just a tad.
- Reduced the chances of seeing an overwhelming amount of loot in one round.
So big it gets its own section. Items are now divided into five main categories:
Components: Combine these to build core items
Core items: These are the standard, craftable items made from the base components. Each of these will focus on powering up the holder in exciting ways.
Radiant Items: Upgraded versions of core items
Artifact Items: Previously known as “Ornn Artifact” items; these are uncraftable items that present exciting, powerful item combinations and synergies.
Support Items: Uncraftable items focused on providing teamwide support and non-selfish outputs. All Support items will have a uniform 250 Health, and will be much more powerful than their core item versions.
NEW CORE ITEMS
We've swapped six items into our new Support Item category, where we can grant them more power to fulfill their fantasy. To read more about the design philosophy and use cases for these items, be sure to check out our Horizonbound Gameplay Overview, or keep reading for an overview on their use cases!
Crownguard is great on AP frontliners that want to survive burst. Try it out on Shen or Sejuani!
Night Harvester allows you to drop low on Health and then heal up. It's exceptionally versatile, but it will be a particularly great slam on melee AP carries like Mordekaiser.
Evenshroud is the counterpart to Ionic Spark, but for AD comps. Its tanky stats may leave something to be desired, but the Sunder can go a long way.
Nashor's Tooth provides unique windows of empowered Attack Speed after casting. Mix and match with items like Spear of Shojin to uncover powerful cast and attack faster combinations. Azir, are you listening? Write this down!
Sterak's Gage is a melee AD beefcake's best friend. If you can't hit Bloodthirster, but you did manage to get a Belt, this item will help in a pinch.
Adaptive Helm makes tanks tankier, and carries… carrier? It's preferred on champions who scale well with AP and want to cast more, but is incredibly flexible on just about any frontliner as well.
- Evenshroud (Negatron Cloak + Giant's Belt) Health: 150, Magic Resist: 20
- Evenshroud: 30% Sunder enemies within 2 hexes. For the first 10s of combat, gain 20 Armor and Magic Resist.
- Crownguard (Needlessly Large Rod + Chain Vest) Ability Power: 20, Armor: 20
- Crownguard: Combat Start: Gain a shield equal to 30% of your maximum health for 8 seconds. When this shield breaks or expires, gain 40 additional Ability Power.
- Night Harvester (Sparring Gloves + Chain Vest) Ability Power: 15, Attack Damage: 15%, Armor: 25, Crit Chance: 20%
- Night Harvester: Deal 12% bonus damage. After falling below 60% max Health, increase this to 25% for the rest of combat.
- Sterak's Gage (BF Sword + Giant's Belt) Health: 200, Attack Damage: 15%
- Sterak's Gage: Once per combat at 60% health, increase max health by 20% and gain 35% AD for the rest of combat.
- Adaptive Helm (Tear of the Goddess + Negatron Cloak) Mana: 15, Ability Power: 15, Magic Resist: 20
- Adaptive Helm: Combat Start: The holder gains bonus stats based on their starting position. 35 Armor and Magic Resist when placed in the front two rows or 20 Ability Power and gain 10 Mana every 3 seconds in the back two.
- Nashor's Tooth (Recurve Bow + Giant's Belt) Ability Power: 30, Attack Speed: 10%, Health: 150
- Nashor's Tooth: After casting a spell, gain 40% Attack Speed for 5 seconds
CORE ITEM CHANGES
We've taken a pass on our existing core items to ensure they are of the appropriate power level. What this means is we're lowering the power ceiling on many of our strong items, while also broadening use cases.
Our nerf to Bramble Vest is to keep the item from countering Critical Strikes too completely.
We're shifting the power of Guardbreaker from Attack Damage to Attack Speed, making it a better fit for AP users as well as champions who need more sources of Attack Speed.
Rapid Firecannon is getting flat bonus damage at the cost of Attack Speed. This should make it much easier to use, especially if you get stuck with a bunch of bows on an AP heavy comp.
- Archangel's Staff Mana: 30 ⇒ 15
- Archangel's Staff AP Per 5s: 20 ⇒ 25
- Bramble Vest Critical Strike Reduction: 75% ⇒ 50%
- Chalice of Power is no longer craftable. Chalice of Power has been moved to the Support Item Pool.
- Dragon's Claw MR: 75 ⇒ 65
- Gargoyle's Stoneplate Base Armor & MR: 30 ⇒ 25
- Guardbreaker Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 10
- Guardbreaker Attack Speed: 0% ⇒ 25%
- Guardbreaker Attack Damage: 20% ⇒ 0%
- Ionic Spark MR Shred: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Ionic Spark MR: 20 ⇒ 25
- Ionic Spark AP: 10 ⇒ 15
- Last Whisper Sunder: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Last Whisper AD: 10% ⇒ 15%
- Last Whisper Attack Speed: 10% ⇒ 25%
- Locket of the Iron Solari is no longer craftable. Locket has been moved to the Support Item Pool.
- Protector's Vow Armor & MR on Proc: 25 ⇒ 20
- Rapid Firecannon Attack Speed: 55% ⇒ 33%
- Rapid Firecannon newDeal 12% bonus damage.
- Rapid Firecannon tooltip no longer states your attacks cannot miss.
- Redemption bonus Heal Effect: 25% Reduced AoE damage ⇒ 10% Reduced damage from all sources
- Shroud of Stillness is no longer craftable and has been moved to the Support Item Pool.
- Statikk Shiv MR Shred: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Statikk Shiv AS: 10% ⇒ 15%
- Statikk Shiv AP: 15 ⇒ 20
- Spear of Shojin Mana: 30 ⇒ 15
- Spear of Shojin Attack Damage: 10% ⇒ 15%
- Titan's Resolve Armor & MR at Max stacks: 25 ⇒ 20
- Zeke's Herald is no longer craftable and has been moved to the Support Item Pool.
- Zephyr is no longer craftable and has been moved to the Support Item Pool.
- Zz'rot Portal is no longer craftable and has been moved to the Support Item Pool
Support items are all about empowering your team in different ways. They all have a flat 250 Health, but you shouldn't be banking on that as the source of their power.
Locket of the Iron Solari, Zeke's Herald, and Chalice of Power all have a 2 Hex support range. They've also been granted quite a bit more power be it defensive stats, or in the case of Chalice of Power, bonus starting Mana to get that first cast off even faster!
Virtue of the Martyr is a new Support Item that will be especially useful on comps like with high max Health…hello vertical Bruiser?
- All Support Items grant +250 Health and no other combat stats. Focus on choosing the right effect for your team!
- Aegis of the Legion (new) Combat Start: Empower all allies in the rows behind the holder, granting 30% Attack Speed and 15 Armor and Magic Resistance for 8 seconds.
- Banshee's Veil Start of combat: Grant the holder and allies within 1 hex of the same row immunity to crowd control for 18 seconds.
- Chalice of Power Hex Range: 1 ⇒ 2
- Chalice of Power Ability Power Granted: 20 ⇒ 18
- Chalice of Power now grants affected allies 10 Mana at the start of combat.
- Obsidian Cleaver Shred & Sunder: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Obsidian Cleaver Shred & Sunde duration: 10 ⇒ 15 sec
- Obsidian Cleaver now grants your team 10% AD and 10 Ability Power.
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield Value: 250
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield: Affected allies also gain 20 Armor and Magic Resist
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield duration: 4s ⇒ 20s
- Needlessly Big Gem damage amplification scaling based on: player gold ⇒ flat 30%
- Randuin's Omen Armor & MR granted: 40 ⇒ 30
- Shroud of Stillness now grants your team 60 Health.
- Shroud of Stillness will not be offered until at least Stage 3
- Virtue of the Martyr (new): Every 5 seconds, heal all allies equal to 7% of their max health. After the holder dies, increase this heal by 200% and continue the effect for 10 seconds.
- Zeke's Herald Hex Range: 1 ⇒ 2
- Zeke's Herald Attack Speed Granted: 15% ⇒ 25%
- Zephyr now grants your team 8% Attack Speed
- Zephyr will not be offered until at least Stage 3
- Zz'Rot Portal moved to Support Item
- Zz'Rot Portal Voidspawn HP Per Stage (2/3/4/5): 1000/1250/1500/1800 ⇒ 1000/1300/1600/1900
- Zz'Rot Portal Voidspawn AD Per Stage (3/4/5): 90/110/130 ⇒ 80/105/130
Aside from some item moves, we're making a few lighter changes for the existing Artifact items to keep them all around the same power level.
Artifact items that generate gold vary in power based upon WHEN you are offered them. By allowing our econ Artifacts to only appear before Stage 4, we're able to keep them at an appropriate power level for their accessibility without them feeling like dead options later in the game.
- System Changes: Gold generating items will not be offered on Stage 4 and beyond
- Eternal Winter Armor: 25 ⇒ 20
- Goldmancer's Staff Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 25
- Goldmancer's Staff Max Ability Power from Gold: 60 ⇒ 30
- Hullcrusher Armor & MR: 40 ⇒ 35
- Mogul's Mail Added to Artifact Item Pool
- Muramana Ability Power: 0 ⇒ 15
- Obsidian Cleaver moved to Support
- Randuin's Sanctum moved to Support
- Trickster's Glass clone is now slightly transparent during the planning phase.
- Zhonya's Paradox Ability Power: 45 ⇒ 50
NEW RADIANT ITEMS
With new Core items, come new Radiant versions. Check 'em out below!
- Equinox (Evenshroud) Health: 400, Magic Resist: 30
- Equinox (Evenshroud) 30% Sunder enemies within 2 hexes. For the first 15s of combat, gain 50 Armor and Magic Resist.
- Jak'Sho the Protean (Adaptive Helm) Mana: 15, Ability Power: 15, Magic Resist: 30
- Jak'Sho the Protean (Adaptive Helm) Combat Start: The holder gains bonus stats regardless of their starting position. In the front Two Rows gain 45 Armor and Magic Resist. In the back two rows gain 35 Ability Power and 15 Mana every 3 seconds.
- Midnight Reaper (Night Harvesterdvar) Ability Power: 25, Attack Damage: 25, Armor: 50, Crit Chance: 20%
- Midnight Reaper (Night Harvester) Deal 20% bonus damage. After falling below 80% health, increase this to 45% for the rest of combat.
- Royal Crownshield (Crownguard) Ability Power: 50 Armor: 40
- Royal Crownshield (Crownguard) Combat Start: Gain a shield equal to 40% of your maximum health for 8 seconds. When this shield breaks or expires, gain 50 Ability Power.
- Sterak's Megashield (Sterak's Gage) Health: 400, Attack Damage: 30%
- Sterak's Megashield (Sterak's Gage) Once per combat at 60% health, increases max health by 30% and gains 55% AD for the rest of combat.
- The Baron's Gift (Nashor's Tooth) Ability Power: 55, Attack Speed: 20%, Health: 200
- The Baron's Gift (Nashor's Tooth) After casting a spell, gain 75% Attack Speed for 6 seconds.
RADIANT ITEM CHANGES
We're taking a pass on our Radiant Items to ensure each has a chance to shine… radiantly so.
- Rosethorn Vest (Bramble Vest) Armor: 120 ⇒ 140
- Rosethorn Vest (Bramble Vest) Crit Reduction: 100% ⇒ 70%
- Brink of Dawn (Edge of Night) Trigger Threshold: Triggers on 60% AND 30%max Health ⇒ 60% max Health only
- Brink of Dawn (Edge of Night) Trigger Attack Speed: 50% ⇒ 85%
- Brink of Dawn (Edge of Night) newAfter triggering, restore 100% of the holder's missing health.
- Dragon's Will (Dragon's Claw) MR: 150 ⇒ 130
- Dvarapala Stoneplate (Gargoyle Stoneplate) Base Armor & MR: 30 ⇒ 25
- Dvarapala Stoneplate (Gargoyle Stoneplate) Armor and & MR per attacker: 30 ⇒ 25
- Covalent Spark (Ionic Spark) Shred: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Covalent Spark (Ionic Spark) MR: 20 ⇒ 25
- Covalent Spark (Ionic Spark) AP: 10 ⇒ 15
- Covalent Spark (Ionic Spark) Health Regen: 1% ⇒ 1.5%
- Eternal Whisper (Last Whisper) Sunder: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Eternal Whisper (Last Whisper) AD: 35% ⇒ 45%
- Eternal Whisper (Last Whisper) AS: 20% ⇒ 25%
- Bulwark's Oath (Protector's Vow) Armor & MR on Proc: 70 ⇒ 60
- Absolution (Redemption) Damage Reduction: 25% AoE Damage ⇒ 15% All Damage
- Rapid Lightcannon (Rapid Firecannon) Attack Speed: 120% ⇒ 70%
- Rapid Lightcannon new Deal 20% bonus damage.
- Runaan's Tempest (Hurricane) Attack Damage: 30% ⇒ 35%
- Spear of Hirana (Spear of Shojin) Attack Damage: 25% ⇒ 30%
- Statikk Favor (Statikk Shiv) Shred: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Statikk Favor (Statikk Shiv) AP: 40 ⇒ 50
- Statikk Favor (Statikk Shiv) AS: 10% ⇒ 20%
- Statikk Favor (Statikk Shiv) Zap Damage: 65 ⇒ 70
- Titan's Vow (Titan's Resolve) Armor & MR at max stacks: 60 ⇒ 50
- Willbreaker (Guardbreaker) Attack Speed: 0% ⇒ 50%
Large, like the amount of information packed into our gameplay overview.
3RD PARTY PARTNERS
As mentioned in our intro, I'll only be talking about the changes to existing systems within these patch notes. For information about completely new content coming with Horizonbound, please take a look at one of the 3rd party partners recommended below.
A quick word on our 3rd party data policy. During the first half of Runeterra Reforged, we updated our policy to disallow exposure of Augment win rates. We learned a lot during this period, and we were happy with some of the results, but due to the complexities involved in ensuring that everyone had the same access to the same type of data, we've ultimately decided to revert that policy change with the release of Horizonbound.
THOSE NOT BOUND FOR NEW HORIZONS
To make room for all the new content, we've got some farewells to say.
- The following traits are retreating into the shadows, through portals, or out of fear of optometrists: Shadow Isles, Yordles, Deadeye
- The following 1-costs are getting rerolled into another set: Maokai, Tristana, Veigo
- The following 2-costs will miss you too: Kled, Teemo, Zed
- The following 3-costs will no longer need your Rageblades: Akshan, Garen, Kalista, Lissandra
- The following 4-costs are fourging a new path: Gwen, Lux, Urgot, Yasuo, Zeri
- The following 5-cost has left to find Lucian: Senna
We're buffing our Prismatic chase traits to make them worthy of chasing, as are all things containing ‘Prism' in their name. You can't see the finger guns I pointed at you there, but use your imagination.
Bastion is getting a large nerf, primarily to compensate for the Shred/Sunder changes, but also because of their current power.
Darkin is now a 2 piece trait, where fielding both Darkin champions (Naafiri and Aatrox) will increase both of their passive weapons' power. This will allow reroll Naafiri to scale into the late game as soon as you add Aatrox to your army! Reroll players rerolljoice!
There's no more randomness with Demacia. Each Elite will get a Radiant item exclusively for them, allowing you to better optimize their build knowing what Radiant item they will get. This should also standardize the power of the trait. We've also greatly buffed Demacia 9 as a Prismatic tier trait that should be worth the difficulty of hitting it.
Rogue bleeds now apply from Abilities and auto-attacks. They won't stack, but they will be refreshed by additional damage instances.
Changing Shurima to a 2/4/6/9 makes the trait more splashable (for reroll Naafiri comps) and allows us to make that Prismatic 9 Shurima breakpoint even more powerful!
With two Zaunites leaving and only one taking their place, we've made some significant adjustments to Zaun that allow you to Overcharge your chem-mods at Zaun (4) and receive 5 different chem-mods at Zaun (6)! With chem-mods being more readily available to overcharge thanks to the new tech Silco has brought to the trait, we've had to do a bit of rebalancing.
- Bastion Base Armor & MR: 25/50/95/240 ⇒ 20/40/65/125
- Bruiser Bonus max Health: 10/40/70% ⇒ 10/45/80%
- Darkin is now a 1 / 2
- Darkin (1) When a Darkin dies, their weapon possesses the nearest ally champion granting them the weapons power.
- Darkin (2) Weapons powers become 50% stronger
- Darkin, Aatrox now uses most damage dealt this fight as a tiebreaker when two units are equidistant.
- Demacia Elite Bonus: Random Radiant Item ⇒ Each unit will have 1 selected Radiant item they will always receive
- Demacia Elite Bonus Armor & MR: 5/30/40/100 ⇒ 5/15/35/150
- Demacia Elite Count: 1/2/4/5 ⇒ 1/2/3/5
- Freljord is now a 2 / 3
- Freljord (2) 8% max HP true damage, and enemies are 30% shredded and sundered for 10 seconds
- Freljord (3) 15% max HP true damage, and enemies are also stunned for 1.5 seconds.
- Gunner AD per Stack: 6/14/25% ⇒ 6/12/25%
- Invoker now has a new 8 Piece: All units gain an additional 40 Ability Power & 40 Mana per 3 seconds
- Ionia (9) Bonus Spirits: 3 ⇒ 4
- Ionia (9) Bonus Amount: 325% ⇒ 350%
- Juggernaut Damage Reduction: 15-25/25-40/35-50% ⇒ 15-25/20-35/30-45%
- Multicasted Damage Reduction: 66% ⇒ 60%
- Noxus is now a 3 / 5 / 7 / 9
- Noxus gain (160/300/420/750) Health, (16/30/42/75) AP & AD. This is increased by 5% for each different opponent you have conquered.
- Rogue (4) reworked: Rogue's damage bleeds their target for 60% bonus magic damage over 2.5 seconds.
- Shurima is now a 2 / 4 / 6 / 9
- Shurima: Every 4 seconds, Shurimans heal 5% max HP. After 8 seconds, select Shurimans Ascend and gain 20% max HP and 30% AS.
- Shurima (2): Strongest Shuriman Ascends
- Shurima (4) All Shurimans Ascend & 15% Ascension Bonus (23% HP 35% AS)
- Shurima (6) Ascend at combat start & 45% Ascension Bonus (29% HP 44% AS)
- Shurima (9) Ascend twice & 75% Ascension Bonus (35% HP 53% AS twice)
- Slayer is now a 2 / 4 / 6
- Slayers gain 12% Omnivamp and deal (6/16/36%) bonus damage, doubled against units below 66% Health.
- Sorcerer AP: 20/50/80/120 ⇒ 25/50/90/135
- Sorcerer Max HP explosion: 7/10/12/20% ⇒ 7/10/12/15%
- Void Baron Shred & Sunder: 60% ⇒ 40%
- Zaun (4): Gain 2 Chem Mods ⇒ Gain 2 Chem Mods & they overcharge
- Zaun (6): Gain 3 Chem Mods & they overcharge ⇒ Gain 5 Chem mods & they overcharge
- Zaun, Adaptive Implant Overcharge Stats: 60% ⇒ 50%
- Zaun, Hextech Exoskeleton (REWORKED) Deal 12% more damage. Take 12% less damage. Every 5 seconds restore 15% of your max HP.
- Zaun, Hextech Exoskeleton (OVERCHARGE) You are immune to CC and the heal is increased to 25% of your max HP.
- Zaun, Robotic Arm (OVERCHARGE) Your attacks and abilities deal 25% additional damage as true damage
- Zaun, Shimmer Injector Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 35%
- Zaun, Shimmer Injector Overcharge Heal: 100% ⇒ 80%
- Zaun, Shimmer Injector Overcharge AS Bonus: 400% ⇒ 200%
- Zaun, Unstable Chemtank HP Gained: 33% ⇒ 30%
- Zaun, Unstable Chemtank Overcharge Damage: 35% ⇒ 25%
- Zaun, Virulent Bioware (REWORKED) For 3 seconds after casting your ability, plague the enemies you damage causing them and enemies within 1 hex to take 18% more damage for 5 sec.
- Zaun, Virulent Bioware (OVERCHARGE) Plague duration is increased to 10 seconds and deals 3.5% max HP magic damage per second.
UNITS: TIER 1
If you've woken up randomly one night asking yourself why reroll Void isn't a thing, go back to sleep. Get those 8 hours. Enjoy sweet circadian consistency, because Cho'Gath and Malzahar buffs are here.
With Yordle gone, we're able to give Poppy more power that should make vertical Demacia even better.
With Noxus stats going up, we're unintentionally buffing Samira, who benefits from both AD and AP, quite a lot. We're preemptively nerfing her here to keep her Flair in check.
- Cho'Gath Mana: 30/90 ⇒ 20/80
- Cho'Gath Feast Base Damage: 250/335/450 ⇒ 270/370/500
- Cho'Gath Feast lock out time reduced
- Jhin is now an Ionia Vanquisher
- Jhin Mana buff: 44/144 ⇒ 44/124
- Kayle Divine Ascent Wave Shred: 40% ⇒ 20%
- Kayle Divine Ascent Wave Damage: 25/30/45 ⇒ 30/40/60
- Malzahar Call of the Void Damage: 205/310/460 ⇒ 220/330/500
- Malzahar Call of the Void delay between casting and dealing damage shortened.
- Orianna max Mana buff: 50/100 ⇒ 40/90
- Poppy is now just Demacia Bastion
- Poppy Health: 600 ⇒ 700
- Poppy max Mana buff: 90/150 ⇒ 40/100
- Poppy AD: 45 ⇒ 55
- Poppy Steadfast Hammer Shield Amount: 310/330/350 ⇒ 250/300/350
- Poppy Steadfast Hammer Shield Duration: 3 ⇒ 4 seconds
- Samira Flair AD ratio: 200/200/210% ⇒ 190/190/200%
UNITS: TIER 2
“I really think reroll Ashe carry is going to work now,” — us buffing Ashe's ratios for the third time. This may be enough, but I'm willing to bet Morellonomicon is still the best use case for her. What can I say, she just loves a good book?
Losing Zeri takes away a significant amount of power for Jinx, who no longer has a late game partner-in-Zaun to take her go-to comp across the fourth place line. We're giving her more access to her ability in compensation.
Swain has been dominant as an early game tank, but his mana-lock prevented him from finding success in late game boards, even though he was the early bird who got the tank items. We're reworking his spell to allow him to recast it, repeatedly stacking Health and maybe becoming the night owl of your late game boards.
Vi has paid the Piltover tax (being weak due to being a core unit in an econ trait) for too long. It's time to remind the world that Vi stands for VIABLE!
- Ashe is now a Freljord Vanquisher
- Ashe AD: 50 ⇒ 55
- Ashe Volley AD ratio: 160/160/170% ⇒ 160/165/175%
- Galio Shield of Durand Channel Duration 4 ⇒ 2.5
- Galio Shield of Durand Heal 350/400/450 ⇒ 300/350/400
- Jinx Mana buff: 0/75 ⇒ 10/70
- Swain REWORKED: Swain is no longer mana locked while his Demonflare ability is active. Instead, if he casts again while transformed, he'll perform a burst, gaining 225/260/385 additional max Health and deal 100/160/240 magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Swain initial transformation bonus Health: 375/450/650 ⇒ 325/375/550
- Swain Demonflare Sustained Tick Damage: 35/50/75 ⇒ 25/40/60
- Swain Mana nerf: 50/120 ⇒ 60/135
- Swain Armor & MR: 50 ⇒ 45
- Taliyah Mana: 0/60 ⇒ 20/60
- Taliyah Seismic Shove active Knockup Damage: 160/240/370 ⇒ 180/270/410
- Vi Blast Shield Sunder: 40% ⇒ 20%
- Vi Blast Shield shield: 325/350/400 ⇒ 350/400/450
- Vi Blast Shield AD ratio: 200% ⇒ 250%
- Warwick REWORKED: When Warwick casts, instead of gaining an increased heal, he'll instead gain +100% bonus Attack Speed.
UNITS: TIER 3
Since Darius's new Vanquisher trait will provide extra power in bringing down tanks, we're taking away some of his base stats to compensate.
We're pulling some power out of Jayce's ally AS boost so that he can be a better carry. Yes, rerolling the golden boy is a viable option now.
Rek'Sai is another melee reroll carry who has inherent weaknesses. We're giving her Slayer to add a bit more sustain and bonus damage into her kit, which should allow for more diverse and offensive itemization (Titan's Resolve will still be very important). To prevent Rek'Sai from becoming Rek'Sigh-there-goes-my-team, we're taking away some of her base stats, and scaling.
Taric is now more selfishly tanky and spends less of his shield protecting allies. This will make him better as a primary tank who absorbs some ally damage without causing really frustrating scenarios where a bunch of low HP allies survive to deal extra player damage.
- Darius is now a Noxus Juggernaut Vanquisher
- Darius AD: 70 ⇒ 60
- Darius AS: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Darius Noxian Guillotine AD ratio: 350% ⇒ 300%
- Darius Noxian Guillotine Base Damage: 100/120/150 ⇒ 55/80/110
- Ekko Phase Dive Damage: 300/450/675 ⇒ 270/405/610
- Jayce Mana buff: 40/120 ⇒ 30/100
- Jayce Acceleration Gate Damage: 240/240/250% AD ⇒ 255/255/265% AD
- Jayce Acceleration Gate Ally Attack Speed: 20/25/30% ⇒ 15%
- Jayce Acceleration Gate Self Attack Speed: 20% ⇒ 30/40/50%
- Rek'Sai is now a Void Bruiser Slayer
- Rek'Sai AD: 65 ⇒ 60
- Rek'Sai Armor & MR: 40 ⇒ 45
- Rek'Sai AS: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Rek'Sai Furious Bite AD ratio: 315% ⇒ 290/290/300%
- Rek'Sai Furious Bite Empowered Spell Health Threshold: 70% ⇒ 66% (matches Slayer)
- Rek'Sai Furious Bite no longer deals bonus damage on her enhanced bite. Enemies below 66% will just take her standard damage converted to true damage
- Rek'Sai's Furious Bite animation speed has been significantly increased her when not dashing through her target
- Taric Radiance shield now only redirects 50% of the damage received by adjacent allies
- Taric Radiance Shield: 550/650/750 ⇒ 500/580/680
- Vel'Koz Plasma Fission Damage: 230/345/560 ⇒ 250/375/600
UNITS: TIER 4
Now that Aphelios is a Gunner, we're bringing down his AD scaling as the Gunner trait synergizes far better with his kit than Deadeye did. Despite the nerfs targeted at neutralizing the impact of Gunner, we're also buffing the damage of Moonblast so that Aphelios is less dependent on Rageblade.
Nasus bonk build is online! This is a Thief's Gloves Nasus buff as there are plenty of viable items on this dog. We're also reducing his tankiness now that shred/sunder have been nerfed.
- Aphelios is now a Targon Gunner
- Aphelios Armor & MR: 30 ⇒ 25
- Aphelios AD: 65 ⇒ 60
- Aphelios Range: 5 ⇒ 4 (Deadeye removal)
- Aphelios AS: 0.8 ⇒ 0.75
- Aphelios Chakram AD ratio: 10/10/30% ⇒ 6/6/15%
- Aphelios Chakram Healing: 50% ⇒ 75%
- Aphelios Moonblast AD ratio: 200/200/550% ⇒ 240/240/750%
- Aphelios max Mana buff: 70/120 ⇒ 50/100
- Kai'Sa Mana buff: 30/125 ⇒ 40/120
- Nasus Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Nasus Armor & MR: 60 ⇒ 50
- Nasus Soul Eater AD% Steal: 10% ⇒ 8%
- Nasus Soul Eater Resistance Steal: 5/5/30 ⇒ 4/4/20
- Nasus Soul Eater Enemies Stolen From: 4/5/9 ⇒ 4/5/7
- Nasus Soul Eater empowered bonks AD ratio: 350/350/700% ⇒ 380/380/700%
- Sejuani Health: 1000 ⇒ 1100
- Shen Ionia Bonus damage reduction: 9% ⇒ 8%
- Shen max Mana nerf: 70/150 ⇒ 90/170
- Shen Ki Barrier Self Shield Amount: 350/450/2000 ⇒ 300/400/2000
UNITS: TIER 5
We're rebalancing Aatrox's health since he now gains his own Darkin buff (which grants Health and Omnivamp). All in all, his total Health will go up from 1100 to 1250.
- Aatrox Health: 1100 ⇒ 900
- Aatrox Armor & MR: 70 ⇒ 60
- Aatrox Darkin Omnivamp: 15% ⇒ 20%
- Aatrox now benefits from Darkin even when he is alive
- Aatrox now uses most damage dealt this fight as a tiebreaker when two units are equidistant
- Bel'Veth Royal Maelstrom AD ratio: 65% ⇒ 70%
- Bel'Veth Royal Maelstrom true Damage: 18/30/50 ⇒ 18/30/100
- Bel'Veth Empress transformation now grants Bel'Veth significantly more movement speed at 3-star
- K'Sante Mana nerf: 0/60 ⇒ 0/70
- K'Sante Armor & MR: 60 ⇒ 50
- Heimerdinger is now a Piltover Technogenius
- Heimerdinger Apex Turret Upgrade, Shrink Module Sunder & Shred: 40/50/70% ⇒ 20/30/50%
- Heimerdinger Apex Turret Upgrade, Shrink Module Shrink Duration: 6 ⇒ 4 seconds
- Heimerdinger Apex Turret Upgrade, Mechano-Swarm Burn: 1/2/3% ⇒ 1/1/2%
- Heimerdinger Apex Turret Upgrade, Mechano-Swarm Rocket Damage: 50/80/120 ⇒ 50/120/120
- Ryze (Zaun Portal) Shred & Sunder: 40% ⇒ 20%
- Ryze (Zaun Portal) Damage: 110/200/2006 ⇒ 125/230/2006
- Sion Health: 1000 ⇒ 900
- Sion Amor and MR: 60 ⇒ 65
AUGMENT CHANGES: SILVER
Over half a set of balancing, the power level of our Augments naturally tends to inflate a bit. The bulk of our changes below are small nerfs that bring down the power ceiling of Augments, with a few exceptions.
- Cybernetic Bulk: 250 HP ⇒ 225 HP
- Cybernetic Leech: 13% ⇒ 10% Omnivamp
- Healing Orbs I: 300 ⇒ 250 Heal
- Iron Assets: 2 ⇒ 4 gold
- Pandora's Bench units that will be transformed are now locked in at the beginning of the round.
- Seeing Double I has been replaced with Job's Done: Gain 2 component anvils.
- Social Distancing: 12% ⇒ 10% AD & AP
- Tiny Power I: 7% ⇒ 6% Stats
- Unified Resistance I Armor & MR Granted: 18 ⇒ 15
- Well Earned Comforts I: 60 ⇒ 80 HP per item
AUGMENT CHANGES: GOLD & GENERAL
A Cut Above is most exciting and powerful when you can start ramping gold early. We want the Augment to continue being exciting, while staying balanced, so now you can only find it in the early game. This allows us to nerf the gold chance, keeping the early econ ramp in check. Escort Quest is getting a similar treatment.
- A Cut Above is no longer offered on 3-2
- A Cut Above chance to drop gold: 33% ⇒ 25%
- All That Shimmers has been removed.
- The following Shimmerscale (All That Shimmers) items will be moved to new categories: Mogul's Mail - Artifact Item, Goldmancer's Staff - Artifact Item, Needlessly Big Gem - Support Item
- Adrenaline Rush (Juggernaut): 25% ⇒ 20% Max Damage
- Chemtech Enhancements (Zaun)Adjacent Unit Bonus HP: 100 ⇒ 250
- Contagion: 20% ⇒ 18% Damage Amp
- Cybernetic Bulk II: 350 HP ⇒ 300 HP
- Cybernetic Leech II: 18% ⇒ 15% Omnivamp
- Demonflare (Swain carry augment) Damage amp per 100 health 4% ⇒ 3%.
- Escort Quest: No longer offered on 3-2
- Gargantuan Resolve: 35 ⇒ 40 Max Stacks
- Riftwalk (Kassadin Carry) Ability Power Per Cast: 32 ⇒ 35
- Idealism: 13% ⇒ 12% Damage amp
- Infusion: 20 mana per 5 ⇒ 20 mana per 6
- Know Your Enemy: 15/20% ⇒ 12/18% Damage Amp
- Know Your Enemy is now mutually exclusive with Built Different.
- Magic Wand: 20 AP ⇒ 18 AP
- Medium Forge: 7 ⇒ 6 Gold
- Ravenous Hunter (Warwick carry): Max Stacks: 40 ⇒ 45
- Return on Investment: 20 ⇒ 18 rerolls
- Parting Gifts now mutually exclusive with Endless Hordes.
- Seeing Double Changed back to “Teaming Up”
- Teaming Up II: Gain 1 random Support Item.
- Sentinel's Spirit (Ionia) Attack Speed: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Sentinel's Spirit (Ionia) Ionians Given: 3 ⇒ 2
- Shurima's Legacy Sun Disc magic damage 160-800 ⇒ 145-725
- Shurima's Legacy Shurimans Given: 3 ⇒ 2
- Sleight of Hand: 30% AS ⇒ 200 HP & 20% AS
- Social Distancing II: 20% ⇒ 16% AD & AP
- Stable Evolution (Void): 3 ⇒ 2 Void units given
- Stellacorns Blessing (Targon): 45% ⇒ 35% AS
- Tactical Superiority: 5% ⇒ 4% Base AD & AP
- Tactical Superiority will no longer be offered on round 2-1.
- The Boss (Sett carry augment) Excess damage that puts Sett under 60% health is now ignored, so Sett will consistently only do 4 situps.
- Three's a Crowd: 111 ⇒ 100 HP per 3 cost
- Total Domination (Noxus) Base Execute: 8% ⇒ 3%
- Total Domination Noxians Given: 3 ⇒ 2
- Two Healthy: 111 ⇒ 100 HP per 2 cost
- Unified Resistance II: Armor & MR Granted: 30 ⇒ 25
- What Doesn't Kill You: 5 ⇒ 4 Losses per item
- Winds of War (Galio Carry augment) REWORKED: Gain a Galio. Your strongest Galio's ability gets larger with each cast, and enemies hit take magic damage equal to 10% of his max Health each second.
- You Have My Sword: 18% ⇒ 15% AD
- You Have My Bow: 15% ⇒ 12% AS
AUGMENT CHANGES: PRISMATIC
We're continuing to bring the general power level down for our Prismatic Augments, with a few exceptions. Our two-item-package-deal Augments are getting an extra component, which should bring their power level up significantly if you have the odd component lying around. Final Reserves has typically been used to massively open fort (intentionally lose to make more gold), saving as much gold as possible while sometimes selling your whole board, only to proc the Augment and power level to 9. We prefer players playing boards, so we're nerfing this strategy specifically to cap how much gold you can effectively save.
What did they do to my baby boy? When we originally pitched Infernal Contact it offered 100 Gold, but the strategy and viability of reroll comps has made it a bit too powerful (and now my go-to Augment has to go to the nerf store).
- Blinding Speed, Unleashed Arcana, Impenetrable Bulwark, Overwhelming Force: All gain an extra corresponding component.
- Built Different III Health 270 - 600 ⇒ 300 - 550
- Built Different III Attack Speed 50 -70 ⇒ 45 - 65
- Buried Treasures III: 5 ⇒ 6 components
- Cybernetic Leech III: 25% ⇒ 20% Omnivamp
- Final Reservers Trigger Reward XP: 80 ⇒ 70
- Final Reservers Trigger Reward Gold: Gain 40 gold ⇒ Set your gold to 66. When this triggers, excess gold above 66 is converted to experience.
- Hedge Fund: Gold 22 >> 23
- Infernal Contract: 85 ⇒ 75 gold
- Seeing Double Changed back to “Teaming Up”
- Teaming Up III: Gain 1 random Support Item, 12 Gold, and 2 Reforgers.
- Social Distancing III: 30 ⇒ 25 AD & AP
- Tiny Power III: 16 ⇒ 15% Stats
- Gotta Go Fast BUGFIX: Gotta Go Fast tiers now have different movement speed bonuses as intended rather than the same movement speed bonus across all tiers.
- Gotta Go Fast BUGFIX: Movespend Speed %s updated to reflect how much movement speed the units were actually getting, making the tooltip now read Move Speed: 40/70/110%
AUGMENT CHANGES: TRAITS
A fresh roster means we're reshuffling the units you receive when you pick a Trait-linked Augment.
- Shadow Isles, Deadeye, and Yordle trait-linked Augments have been removed.
- Glacial Breeze (Freljord) has been removed.
- Challenger Crown Unit Granted : Kalista ⇒ Naafiri
- Demacia Crown Unit Granted : Garen ⇒ Quinn
- Freljord Soul Unit Granted : Lissandra ⇒ Ashe
- Freljord Soul Item Granted: Archangel's Staff ⇒ Redemption
- Rogue Crown Unit Granted : Zed ⇒ Qiyana
- Rogue Heart Unit Granted : Zed ⇒ Qiyana
- Shurima Crown Unit Granted : Akshan ⇒ Naafiri
- Slayer Crest Unit Granted : Kled ⇒ Qiyana
- Slayer Crown Item Granted: Titan's Resolve ⇒ Night Harvester
- Slayer Crown Unit Granted : Kled ⇒ Quinn
- Slayer Heart Unit Granted : Kled ⇒ Qiyana
- Strategist Soul Item Granted: Chalice of Power ⇒ Night Harvester
- Void Crown Item Granted: Zz'Rot Portal ⇒ Adaptive Helm
- Riftwalker Kassadin can no longer attempt to blink to untargetable enemies.
- Fixed a bug where Early Education and Endurance Training could temporarily behave incorrectly after starring up a unit.
- Crown of Demacia can no longer be equipped to benched units in Double Up.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Trickster's Glass clone to become permanent under very specific circumstances.
- Like a boss: Fixed a bug where The Boss could be offered at 3-2 even if you were fielding no Ionia or Juggernauts.
- What The Forge no longer prevents effects from equipping temporary items (such as Noxus Ryze, Noxkraya, Binary Airdrop)
- Fixed a bug where What The Forge could fail to provide its bonus health.
- Shurima's Legacy now functions properly when fighting a ghost army.
- Icathian Rain (Chibi Kai'Sa's boom) is no longer invisible.