May 31, 2023
It’s the last patch before Runeterra Reforged.
With the last patch of Monsters Attack! we’re focused on buffs to send off the set with a bang! And since our competitive season is over for the set, we’re looking to make the meta as fun as possible! You may recall that Monsters Attack! began with the biggest Star Guardian superfan's misguided attempts to join the team. But with our final patch, dreams really do come true because this patch Urgot becomes a Star Guardian!
Finally, there is plenty of Runeterra Reforged content circulating. In case you missed it, we revealed the new set in a Showcase yesterday. Be sure to check that out here.
Rodger “Riot Prism" Caudill
Portals, Portals, EVERYWHERE! There are so many Portals! You will now see three Portals EVERY GAME! You can read more about the mechanic and the history of our For Fun patches with TFT’s most handsome and brilliant writer as he is joined by three other devs here.
STAGE 2-6 PORTALS
Always a Portal!
- Stage 2-6 Portals have a 100% chance of appearing. Demacia, Piltover, and Targon each are equally weighted here.
- Demacia: Gain 2 item components.
- Void: Gain a Thief’s Gloves.
- Zaun: Gain 10 gold.
STAGE 3-3 PORTALS
ALWAYS A PORTAL!
- Stage 3-3 Portals have a 100% chance of appearing. All portals have an equal chance of appearing.
- Ionia: Target Dummy + 15 gold.
- Shadow Isles: Champion Duplicator + Two 4-cost Champions.
- Noxus: 2 full Item Anvils.
- Freljord: Ornn Anvil.
STAGE 4-3 PORTALS
THERE ARE SO MANY PORTALS!?!?!?!?!?!?
- Stage 4-3 Portals have a 100% chance of appearing. Each Portal type has an equal chance of appearing.
- Targon: Gain a Tactician’s Crown.
- Piltover: Gain a Loaded Dice, a Lesser Champion Duplicator, a Remover, and a Reforger.
- Shurima: Gain a Tome of Traits and 6 gold.
With our introduction of Treasure Realms it’s finally time to remove Eggs from the store. Patch 13.11 will be the last patch to purchase eggs, but you’ll still be able to hold and open them past patch 13.12. You can read more about Treasure Realms here.
In addition to our new and returning content, here’s a reminder that you can give your Tactician a rainbow trail of choice by equipping any of the League of Legend Pride Icons, available from the store for 1 Blue Essence. There will be more information on all Pride cosmetics on June 1st coming from Riot’s best looking writer.
Dip into the Convergence with a brand new Pride emote! Alongside our new Emote, our Pride booms are making a comeback.
- The following Pride booms are available again: Mint Boom, Rose Quartz Boom, Sapphire Boom, Catseye Boom, Obsidian Boom, Tanzanite Boom, Citrine Boom, Rainbow Boom
- K’Sante Pride Emote is available by completing the Tacticians Stand United mission
Large, like the amount of PORTALS IN NORMALS!?
InfiniTeam has too much power early in the game. We’re happy with where InfiniTeam 7 is so we’re leaving it in the same place: infinity…or 85%.
Quickdraw has suffered as a vertical ever since we nerfed Lucian and Miss Fortune. We’re a bit slow on the draw here, but the trait should be more rewarding to commit to now.
Star Guardian is getting a new friend and with his arrival, it becomes easier to splash in the trait, so we’re shipping a nerf to everything but Star Guardian 8 to compensate. The friend is Urgot. Sorry, I’m just so excited.
- InfiniTeam Health and Damage: 50/55/85% ⇒ 45/50/85%
- Quickdraw Bonus Damage: 70/140/220% ⇒ 70/150/235%
- Star Guardian Mana Generation: 35/70/120/175 ⇒ 30/60/100/175
UNITS: TIER 1
Gangplank gets an Attack Speed buff that’ll make him more powerful with Duelist and as a holder for AD items if you feel so inclined—but maybe use Kayle here because…
Kayle is getting some considerable buffs to make her less of a dead unit in Underground and Duelist vertical. Maybe win-streak Underground will make a rise? Not likely though.
We’re shipping a VERY big buff to 3-star Lux that goes past our 50% framework of power increases for 3-star units. So try her out, especially with her Hero Augment, Illuminating Singularity!
- Gangplank AS: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Kayle Starfire Spellblade AD ratio: 155% ⇒ 175%
- Kayle Starfire Spellblade Base Damage: 25/35/50 ⇒ 30/45/65
- Lucian Chrono-Barrage Passive Magic On Attack: 20/30/45 ⇒ 25/35/50
- Lux Lucent Singularity Damage: 230/345/520 ⇒ 240/360/600
UNITS: TIER 2
Fiora is getting tankier for the next few seconds after her cast. Pair her with Bloodthirster, Death’s Dance, and Infinity Edge not because those items are good on her, but because she really likes swords, so it’d be a nice thing to do.
- Fiora En Garde! Damage Reduction: 20% ⇒ 25%
UNITS: TIER 3
Rammus is leaving the set with a bang. Mort has finally come to terms with Rammus and decided to give him an additional buff to the armor granted on his passive. This buff is equal to what Mort would rate his affections for Rammus on a scale of 1 to 10. Together, with you, Mort, and Rammus, we’ve made some huge steps this set and I’d like to thank you all for coming along this journey of Mort’s personal growth and discovery of his feelings towards Rammus. Rammus will not be returning next set.
- Rammus max Mana buff: 60/120 ⇒ 50/110
- Rammus Sand Slam Passive Armor: 60/90/150 ⇒ 61/91/151
- Riven Bunny Blade empowered attacks Damage: 90/135/225 ⇒ 100/150/250
UNITS: TIER 4
Bel’Veth gets a buff that will allow her Endless Banquet to approach endlessness faster.
Neeko hasn’t had her chance to shine much in this set. Maybe it’s because she’s too busy trying to be other people and not herself. We love Neeko for who she is and are shipping a buff for that reason—and because she’s a bit underpowered.
- Aatrox Soul Crush Damage (Both Casts): 220/330/1200 ⇒ 250/375/1200
- Bel’Veth AS Per Endless Banquet Cast: 30% ⇒ 35%
- Neeko Hop Blossoms Small Frog Damage: 75/110/300 ⇒ 80/120/360
- Neeko Hop Blossoms Big (3rd) Frog Damage: 150/225/700 ⇒ 160/240/720
- Warwick hack&SLASH AD ratio: 460/480/1200% ⇒ 500/500/1500%
UNITS: TIER 5
We’re giving our underperforming 5-costs some love to make sure they go out as heroes!
Monsters Attack! began with the biggest Star Guardian superfan's misguided attempts to join the team. And with our final patch, dreams (and memes) really do come true as Urgot is now a Star Guardian. His Undertow wave now also gives you a 1-star copy of any unit it does lethal (read: befriending) damage to. To compensate for this added power we’ve had to nerf his mana significantly. Bring on the friendship waves!
- Fiddlesticks Dark Harvest Damage: 90/135/800 ⇒ 100/150/800
- Leona max Mana buff: 0/75 ⇒ 0/50
- Ultimate Ezreal AD: 60 ⇒ 64
- Ultimate Ezreal Attack Speed: 0.9 ⇒ 0.95
- Urgot is now a Star Guardian Threat
- If Urgot’s Undertow wave deals lethal damage, a chest will spawn giving a 1-star copy of the friend he made along the way.
- Urgot Mana nerf: 80/160 ⇒ 100/200
We’re buffing ALL the Hero Augments that have even been slightly underperforming. Give them a try!
- Lucian - Enchanted Ammunition base AP: 20 ⇒ 30
- Poppy - Steadfast Presence HP Shield: 325 ⇒ 375
- Renekton - Reign of Anger AS per 100 missing HP: 5% ⇒ 6%
- Wukong - Re-Energize Mana Restore: 50% ⇒ 66%
- Fiora - Grand Challenge Heal Percent: 9% ⇒ 12%
- Malphite - Rock Solid - Armor to AP ratio: 111% ⇒ 130%
- Shen - Time Knife Bonus Damage: 250% ⇒ 300%
- Bel’Veth - Voidmother Voidling HP: 60% ⇒ 88%
- Ekko - Destructive Resonance Damage Amp: 200% ⇒ 240%
- Ekko - Chronobreak Stun Delay: 10 sec ⇒ 8 sec
- Ekko - ChronobreakStun Duration: 2 ⇒ 2.5 sec
- Miss Fortune - Make It Rain Gold in Stage 3: 8 ⇒ 10
- Miss Fortune - Make It Rain Gold in Stage 4+: 20 ⇒ 25
- Neeko - Starlight Resonance AP on cast: 15 ⇒ 18
- Janna - Exaggerated Reporting Bonus Weather: 100% ⇒ 200%
- Syndra - Not In Vain AS per ally death: 40% ⇒ 75%
- Lost in space: Fixed an interaction animation with missing sound effects in the Mecha Prime Zero arena
- MY EYES: Fixed an issue with all tiers of PROJECT: Burno where their eye textures appear corrupted on multiple animations