Aug 23, 2022
Welcome Realm Charters!
It’s the last patch before our mid-set, Uncharted Realms, and we’re shipping light changes to keep balance tight and team comp diversity high as you reach your dream rank. The wordcount will be light here, but don’t fret, we can always catch up with one of the many Uncharted Realms info drops below.
Rodger “Riot Prism" Caudill
Here to chart the unchartable? The following pieces cover the 24 new units, the extensive changes to Dragons (and Treasure Dragons), and of course, all the new explorers trying their hand at cartography.
Large, like Nomsy now that she’s all grown up in Uncharted Realms!
- Bruiser Health: 200/325/450/700 ⇒ 200/325/500/800
- Cavalier Armor & MR: 35/60/85/110 ⇒> 35/55/75/100
- Trainer, Nomsy base Fireball Damage: 85/110/140/175 ⇒ 85/105/125/155
- Tempest Bonus Attack Speed after lightning strike : 20/50/100/200% ⇒ 20/50/120/250%
UNITS: TIER 1
Ezreal isn’t doing well as an item holder or a reroll carry. By adjusting him, we’re allowing Ezreal to cast more frequently and hold items like Rageblade and Statikk Shiv more effectively.
- Ezreal Attack Damage: 40 ⇒ 35
- Ezreal Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
UNITS: TIER 2
Braum’s shield is pretty big. Last I checked, it hurts to get hit by big things.
Prism’s guide to reroll Kayn.
1. Items: Infinity Edge, Giant Slayer, and Edge of Night or QSS
2. Econ Strategy: Slow roll, keeping above 50 gold to 3-star Kayn, while hopefully hitting Shen 3 and Qiyanna 3 for free!
3. Traits: Assassin 4, Ragewing 3
4. Super Secret Tip: Taking first place will give more LP so be sure to win!
- Braum Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 70
- Kayn max Mana buff: 0/45 ⇒ 0/30
- Kayn Armor & Magic Resist: 25 ⇒ 35
UNITS: TIER 3
Apparently no one got to Challenger using my Lee Sin guide in the last patch notes. That’s okay—that one’s on me. But if you don’t hit Challenger forcing Lee Sin carry this patch, that’s on you.
- Diana Pale Cascade Damage per Orb: 80/90/110 ⇒ 90/105/120
- Diana Pale Cascade Total Damage: 400/540/770 ⇒ 450/630/840
- Lee Sin max Mana buff: 40/100 ⇒ 30/90
- Ryze Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
UNITS: TIER 4
Our 8-cost Dragons are over-performing and have become the dominant strategy. Since we plan on nerfing them when we reduce their cost in Uncharted Realms, we shipped some of their nerfs early. We hope this also allows Dragon-less comps to thrive before Uncharted Realms.
At this point, I’m betting that I write about Xayah more than Rakan does. Xayah’s buff last patch got her close to being a viable carry, but she still struggles at one star compared to other carries that can stabilize early boards more consistently.
- Daeja Armor & Magic Resist: 40 ⇒ 30
- Daeja Windblast passive Damage: 25/40/150 ⇒ 20/35/150
- Shi Oh Yu Jade Form Damage Reduction: 20/25/50% ⇒ 15/20/50%
- Syfen Attack Damage: 110 ⇒ 100
- Syfen Armor & Magic Resistance: 70 ⇒ 60
- Xayah Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 75
- Xayah Feathers FLY! base Feather Damage: 12/20/60 ⇒ 15/20/60
UNITS: TIER 5
They say ‘X’ marks the spot, but with these Pyke buffs, the spot’s marked with a ‘X___X’.
Even with these nerfs, the wanderer will surely find a home in many comps—just not every one.
- Pyke Death From Below Damage: 325/450/15000 ⇒ 375/475/15000
- Pyke Death From Below Secondary Damage: 150/250/15000 ⇒ 180/250/15000
- Yasuo Health: 1100 ⇒ 1000
- Yasuo Sweeping Blade Attack Damage ratio: 160/200/3000 ⇒ 150/180/3000
Statikk Shiv has been a sleeper hit all set, with its base damage providing too much early game impact.
Zz’Rot has been thriving as a stall tactic for compositions with minimal frontline units.
- Statikk Shiv magic damage Damage: 60 ⇒ 50
- Radiant Statikk Favor (Radiant) magic Damage: 100 ⇒ 75
- Zz’Rot Portal Voidspawn Health (Stages 2/3/4/5+): 1350/1600/1900/2250 ⇒ 1200/1450/1700/2000
- Zz’Rot’s Invitation (Radiant ZZ’Rot) Voidmother Health (Stages 2/3/4/5+): 3000/3400/3800/4500 ⇒ 2500/3000/3500/4000
Axion Arc should be a better pick than its Blue Battery counterpart when empowering mana-hungry carries, but it’s currently suffering on both tiers due to its difficult use cases. When you take this Augment, think about slotting in carries like Aurelion Sol, Ao Shin, or Zoe to maximize the power— plus, a buff in the form of even MORE mana won’t hurt this Augment.
A few of our generic Augments (Best Friends II and III, Cybernetics, Weakspot) are over-performing across the board, which shouldn’t be the case given how many compositions they work well in.
Scorch continues to unlock Ragewing comps, and with Xayah getting a nice buff, we want to keep the roof of our hottest vertical from lighting on fire. As they say, “we don’t need no water, let the preemptive nerf burn.”
- Axiom Arc I / II Mana on kill: 20/30 ⇒ 25/40
- Best Friends Attack Speed: 10/20/30% ⇒ 10/15/20%
- Cybernetic Augments (Implant, Shell, and Uplink) Health: 125/200/300 ⇒ 100/150/250
- Hot Shot (Cannoneer) max Health true damage burn: 8% ⇒ 6%
- Lategame Specialist Gold Granted at Level 9: 40 ⇒ 45
- Personal Training Base Health granted for units adjacent to Bruisers: 30 ⇒ 40
- Rich Get Richer+ Gold Granted: 15 ⇒ 18
- Scorch (Ragewing) Damage Amplification: 33% ⇒ 25%
- Weakspot reduced healing duration: 5 ⇒ 3 seconds
- Windfall Gold: 20/30/40 ⇒ 25/35/45
Small, like the space that Guild takes up on the trait tracker with the change below!
The Guild trait is full of talented individuals, including a User Experience Designer who has made their trait tracker take up less space.
- Guild: Changed the way the trait is displayed in the trait tracker to make it take up less space.
- Scalescorn bonus Magic Damage Percent: 15/50/125 ⇒ 15/50/115%
- Shimmerscale, Draven’s Axe Cash Out Gold: 8 ⇒ 7
UNITS: TIER 2
Yone has been over-performing slightly. Perhaps it’s because he has two swords? But more likely it’s because he is too strong as a 2-star item holder.
- Yone Way of the Hunter bonus on-hit Magic Damage: 90/150/225 ⇒ 90/140/215
UNITS: TIER 3
- Elise Venomous Bite Damage: 210/260/310 ⇒ 230/270/310
UNITS: TIER 4
Will Sona carry find her Crescendo during her last patch in Dragonlands? Probably not, but that won’t stop me from giving this baby girl a Mage Cap and a Morellos to celebrate her graduation from the set.
- Sona Crescendo Damage: 250/350/1000 ⇒ 250/375/1000
UNITS: TIER 5
Shyvana's adjustments last patch landed well, but there's a weird mismatch between how you want to itemize her (damage and tankiness) and how you should itemize her (give her a Mana item). Giving her more starting Mana helps reduce that disconnect and lets players itemize her more easily.
- Ao Shin Spell Damage: 225/400/2500 ⇒ 225/385/2500
- Shyvana starting Mana buff: 0/60 ⇒ 15/60
Believe it or not, Rocket Propelled Fist has been the strongest Ornn item all set. This is partially due to players forgetting to position around it (consider this a reminder), but also due to the high amount of Health it offers.
- Ionic Spark magic Damage max Mana ratio: 200% ⇒ 185%
- Sunfire Cape Health: 300 ⇒ 250
- Rocket Propelled Fist (Ornn item) Health: 350 ⇒ 300
- Urf-Archangel’s Staff (Radiant) Starting Ability Power: 30 ⇒ 40
- Luminous Deathblade (Radiant) Attack Damage: 50/75/100 ⇒ 55/85/115
- Demon Slayer (Radiant) base increased damaget: 35% ⇒ 40%
- Demon Slayer (Radiant) Health threshold: 2200 ⇒ 2000
- Rabadon’s Ascended Deathcap (Radiant) Ability Power: 120 ⇒ 125
- Spear of Hirana (Radiant) Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 30
- Press the Attack (Swiftshot) max Health percent Damage: 5% ⇒ 4%
- Personal Training (Augment) Base Health granted for units adjacent to Bruisers: 60 ⇒ 80
- Zz’Rot Portal Voidspawn Health (Stages 1-4/5-7/8+): 1350/1900/2250 ⇒ 1200/1700/2000
- Zz’Rot’s Invitation (Radiant ZZ’Rot) Voidmother Health (Stages 1-4/5-7/8+): 3000/3800/4500 ⇒ 2500/3500/4000
- A Healing Tooltip: Hextech Gunblade now specifies that it heals the lowest percent Health ally
- Xayah, Corki, and Talon now have their Attack Damage ratios in their tooltips
- Zhonya’s Hourglass now specifies that the holder is untargetable when the stasis effect is triggered
- Sy’fen tooltip now correctly specifies a 2.5 hex dash range.
- Fixed a Hyper Roll bug where players hit level 8 and level 9 one round later than intended.
- Fixed a bug where some missions didn’t progress in Hyper Roll and Double Up.
- Can’t hit what you can’t see: Shen dodge zone displays properly at all star levels.
- Lillia’s second cast now hits her target even if she dashes.
- Shyvana will now move into range if there are no targets within range when casting Flame Breath
- Qiyana will now move into range if there are no targets within range when casting
- Shi Oh Yu’s third attack knock-up will now trigger at the target’s location if the target is out of Shi Oh Yu’s base attack range
- Volibear chain lightning should no longer appear to chain off of the board
- Fixed an issue where the overtime VFX would sometimes continue to play on a player’s screen after a PvE round.
- Zoe will no longer give Armor and Magic Resist from Kayle’s Intervention to the same unit multiple times from a single cast if her total targets she’s trying to cast on is greater than her total living allies
- Ragewing champions no longer gain Rage when equipped with a Mana item while they are enraged
- Runaan’s Hurricane no longer deals Scalescorn’s bonus magic damage
- Astral will now use previous combat to determine Astral star levels (This was patched last week but noting it here to taunt those who abused the bug because I am petty)