Dec 2, 2022
New Expansion- The Darkin Saga: World Ender
“I am your reckoner, mortals.”
World Ender ushers in the final chapter of The Darkin Saga. In this expansion we are introducing three new champions and the Bloodwoven Event. The World Championship finals will also be played on this patch, and is kicking off in just two days. Who will be our next world champion? What kind of monstrosities will the corrupted ascended become in the bloodwoven event? Log in to World Ender- playable on December 7th at approximately 11:00AM PT.
Last week, we tried something new and dropped all of the cards at once for World Ender. Head to one of the galleries below to get the full list of new cards and start theorizing which decks you think are going to come out on top in the Worlds Finals.
You may put any non-Champion Darkin into your deck during deckbuilding. Once you've played or summoned 3+ different other Darkin, draw an Aatrox.
You may put any non-targeted Burst and Focus spells into your deck during deckbuilding. At the start of the game, for each Ryze in your deck, create 2 Delve Into the Past in your deck.
Editor’s Note: Ryze’s origin was, in fact, the original origin. He was the first Runeterran champion mapped out by our designers!
Transform allies Equipped with Darkin Equipment into their Darkin unit forms. If they are Champions, they level up.
A unit has its Empowered bonus while its power is at least the listed number.
Path of Champions
- New Champions
Editor’s Note: Ashe felt a little lonely and left out, so she wanted me to let you know that she’s still available in the path of champions.
“Become one with Xolaani. BECOME BLOODWOVEN.”
Xolaani’s corruption has seeped into the minds of the ancient Shuriman Ascended. Become one. We are one. In the Bloodwoven event we will be able to get our hands on all new Icons, Cards, Emotes, and new Champion Skins.
This pass, and future Event Passes, also come with many free nodes, so you’ll be able to earn rewards as you play whether you choose to purchase the Premium Event Pass or not. It should still take roughly the same amount of time and effort to complete this pass as previous Event Passes.
Purchase before December 21 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Sun Disc Shards and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards and immediately unlocks Corrupted Nasus. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.
Play games to earn Sun Disc Shards and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires January 11, 2023, 10:00 AM PT
The following personalization items are available with this patch.
Worlds Championship 2022
“Please say sike.”
“Ooh, I'm writin' that down!”
Great Match 2022
New Icons now available.
New Ranked Icons for the Domination Season will be rewarded.
Xolaani’s Bloodwoven Bundle
The Bloodweaver's chosen.
This bundle contains:
Champion cards for all of the above champions
*Price is prorated for potential duplicates.
Worlds Bundle (Free!)
It’s that time of year already. Show your spirit and get ready for Worlds 2022 by heading over to the shop to collect this free Icon and Cardback.
Darkin Weapons Deck
Champions: Aatrox and Vayne
Theme: Wield the Darkin and harness their lethality!
Playstyle: Equipment & Midrange
The Night Hunter and the Darkin Blade make for an unforgivingly formidable pair. Harness the brutal power of blood and darkness!
Price is prorated for potential duplicates.
Champions Deck Bundle
We have something exciting this year! Celebrate Legends of Runeterra's 2022 World Championships by obtaining some of the most compelling decks played during Worlds' top 8--curated by the design team! Along with the decks, this bundle comes with an exclusive Card Back, Emote, and Player Icon to commemorate the pinnacle of Legends of Runeterra competitive play. This Bundle is set to go live the week after the World Championship so keep your eyes on the shop!
“For legends who share in the greatest moments.”
Gameplay System Updates
The Sudden Surge
Old: Grow an ally to +5|+5
New: Grow an ally to +4|+4
When paired with Elusive units, the surge of offensive and defensive power was a little too sudden. This change should let it continue to fulfill its role at a healthier power level.
- When Kayn is leveled-up via Aatrox’s ‘World Ender’ spell he will automatically become Rhaast, since his Shadow Assassin (Blue Kayn) form is technically not a Darkin! (Blue Kayn’s Darkin tag has slipped in, and will be removed in a later patch.)
- If Anaakca summons another Anaakca, the summoned Anaakca’s Attack effect will trigger again and summon another follower!
- When an Empowered unit falls below the necessary empowered value via other effects (such as frostbite) it will lose its Empowered effect.
- Cards like Rummage which have you target cards to Discard can’t be included in decks via Ryze’s Origin.
- Non-Darkin champions are not transformed into their equipped Darkin Weapon when assimilated.
- Master Yi will now currently apply his Everywhere buff to copies in a deck that are drawn as a unit
- Fixed a minor issue where Equipment was not always playing its Destroy VFX
- Morning Light will now no longer fizzle when its target is Silenced or leaves the field
- Fixed some VO and SFX issues that were either missing or playing incorrectly.
- Addressed some minor templating bugs.