Oct 8, 2022
New Expansion- The Darkin Saga: Domination
“No Turning back.”
Domination ushers in the second chapter of The Darkin Saga. In this expansion we are introducing three new champions and the Arclight Event. Will the Arclight forces prove enough to hold back the tide of Corruption? Log in for Domination - playable on October 12th at approximately 11:00AM PT.
Over the past week, we’ve been revealing all of the cards being added in Domination. Head to one of the galleries below to get the full list of new cards and start building your day 1 decks!
"I put the scheme in schematic!"
You may put any Cultist cards into your deck during deckbuilding. Once you have played 3+ Cultist spells, draw a Varus.
‘New’ refers to any card that you have not played yet.
Editor’s Note: ‘New’ isn’t really new- it was introduced in the previous expansion, but it’s expanded upon with the new roster of champions so we’ve prepared a beautiful image to remind everyone how it functions!
New Challenges and Quests have been added to introduce the mechanics being added in Domination. Additional AI decks featuring cards added in the expansion have also been added to the Vs. AI opponent pool.
Path of Champions
- New Region - Targon
- New Champions
- Tahm Kench
“Only the worthiest of mortals can hope to become vessels for the divine Arclight.”
Ancient evils have awoken across all of Runeterra, hope dims as corruption erodes our final bastion of hope. In our hour of need, the divine Arclight has come to battle back the darkness! In the Arclight event we will be able to get our hands on all new Icons, Cards, Emotes, and new Champion Skins.
This pass, and future Event Passes, also come with many free nodes, so you’ll be able to earn rewards as you play whether you choose to purchase the Premium Event Pass or not. It should still take roughly the same amount of time and effort to complete this pass as previous Event Passes.
Purchase before October 26 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Arclight Sigils and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards and immediately unlocks Arclight Vayne. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.
Play games to earn Arclight Sigils and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires November 16, 2022, 10:00 AM PT
The following personalization items are available with this patch.
"What was that all about?"
“That was my last arrow...”
Drop The Beat
That's All, Folks!
"...unless you want an encore."
New Icons now available.
New Ranked Icons for the Awakening Season will be rewarded.
Illumination Incarnate Bundle
Channel the immortal agents of the Arclight.
This bundle contains:
- Arclight Seraphine
- Arclight Shyvana
- Justicar Galio
- Champion cards for all of the above champions
*Price is prorated for potential duplicates.
The Divine Light Deck
A once-in-a-millennium opportunity to empower the Darkin Bow and harness the Arclight with Varus and Seraphine.
* Price is prorated for potential duplicates.
Worlds Bundle (Free!)
It’s that time of year already. Show your spirit and get ready for Worlds 2022 by heading over to the shop to collect this free Icon and Cardback.
World Spectator 2022
“For legends who share in the greatest triumphs.”
Right Place, Right Time
“Witness the clash of giants in the 2022 World Championships.”
Gameplay System Updates
Nami (Level 2)
Old: When you play a spell, grant +2|+1 to the Weakest other ally that isn't Immobile.
New: When you play a spell, grant +2|+0 to the Weakest other ally that isn't Immobile.
Nami really found her footing in this last patch, especially at higher levels of play. Although she wanted to be part of our world, we wanted to make sure her power is focused on drowning her opponents out rather than weathering the storm.
- We’ve adjusted any cards that trigger off your landmarks being destroyed. Those cards now only trigger when a player destroys their own landmark. Affected cards are as follows:
- Waste Walker
- Risen Altar
- Scrappy Bomb
- Hexplosive Minefield
- Obelisk of Power
Editor's Note: We want landmark removal to be able to fulfill its role of countering landmark centered strategies, and having this effect trigger when an opponent blows them up made trying to remove landmarks ineffective and reduced opportunities for counter play. This adjustment has been live since patch 3.16.
- When a copy of a unit that has an item and/or keyword is created, the copy will now correctly have that item and/or keyword.
- Fixed a visual issue where Burst spells would overlap visually in the player’s hand when played too quickly.
- Eclectic Collection will no longer fizzle if the player’s deck is out of cards.
- Fixed a visual issue where some Darkin cards were not displaying accurate buffs when selecting their choice card.
- Equipped Darkin Equipment copied by Ornn is now correctly playable as a Darkin unit after returning to hand.
- The Darkin Bloodletter now correctly mentions Xolaani’s sacrifice requirement.
- Fixed an issue where Nasus would be fully healed when Stasis’ statue’s countdown is finished after Nasus is obliterated with Ancient Hourglass.
- Fixed some minor text bugs.
- Fixed some VO and SFX issues that were either missing or playing incorrectly.