Mar 21, 2023
Setting ablaze the hearts (and autos) of his allies while giving his enemies headaches, Milio “the Gentle Flame” gives a whole new meaning to the term friendly fire with his release this patch!
But wait, there's more! We also have quite a few changes aimed at addressing the current early game bot lane skirmish meta with adjustments to ADCs and Drakes, a stunning new skin line thematic, a vaguely worded update on blind pick, and a new Mythic shop rotation! As a reminder, this is the last patch that League and TFT will be playable on a 32-bit client, so make sure you move to the 64-bit version.
Milio's smile may be worth a Milio-n bucks, but TFT's got a new mid-set sure to give him a run for his money! Read all about it in the TFT patch notes here!
3/30/2023 - NOT REALLY SURE
NORMAL QUEUE CONUNDRUM
So things have changed folks. The instability we’ve detected in patch 13.6 is becoming even more difficult to control. It won’t just be blind pick anymore, normal draft pick has also fallen victim. Our Poro experts are scared. We’re all scared. Nowhere is safe. THE POROS ARE COMING.
3/24/2023 - MILIO ADJUSTMENTS AND BUGFIXES
- Passive - Fired up!: Empowered auto attack AD scaling adjusted from 15-50% (based on level) ⇒ 15-35% (based on level)
- W - Cozy Campfire: Healing adjusted from 80/110/140/170/200 ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150
- E - Warm Hugs: Shield strength adjusted from 60/90/120/150/180 (+30% AP) ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140 (+25% AP). Cooldown adjusted from 17/16/15/14/13 ⇒ 18/17/16/15/14
- Illaoi: Fixed a bugged interaction with Illaoi’s E and champions with cloning abilities that would sometimes cause the game to crash.
- Milio: Fixed a rare bug with Milio that would sometimes cause the game to crash.
- Biscuit Delivery Mana Bug: Fixed a bug that would allow players to undo selling Biscuits to permanently increase their maximum mana.
Milio "the Gentle Flame" will be available March 22, 2023 PT.
Faerie Queen Karma, Faerie Court Katarina, Faerie Court Seraphine, Faerie Court Fiora, Faerie Court Kalista, Faerie Court Ezreal, Faerie Court Milio, Ashen Guardian Shen, and Prestige Faerie Court Katarina will be available March 23, 2023 PT.
The Gentle Flame
Get ready to go on an adventure with Milio and his fuemigos on March 22!
Passive damage to targets with Frost increased.
Last patch, Ashe was nerfed for support and the goal was to preserve her power level as an AD Carry. We were mostly successful in hitting these goals, but she's still a bit worse off. So here's us making good on that promise.
Passive - Frost Shot
- Damage against Frosted Enemies: 110% (+75% of Critical Strike Chance) ⇒ 115% (+75% of Critical Strike Chance)
Q magic damage decreased, burst proc damage decreased. E cooldown increased. R CC duration decreased.
Aurelion Sol is getting a lot of attention, both positive and negative—which he's pretty used to given the gravity of his stellar personality. We're aiming to lessen the frustrating moments he can create like his ability to stall/freeze waves for extended periods of time and reduce the potency of his teamfight wombo combo.
Q - Breath of Light
- Magic Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+30-90 (based on level)) (+60%AP) ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55 (+30-80 (based on level)) (+60%AP)
- Burst Proc Damage: 45/50/55/60/65 (+20-40 (based on level)) (+35%AP) ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65 (+20-30 (based on level)) (+35%AP)
E - Singularity
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds at all ranks
R - Falling Star / The Skies Descend
- Falling Star Stun Duration: 1.25 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- The Skies Descend Knock Up Duration: 1.25 seconds ⇒ 1 second
Base health regeneration increased, health regeneration scaling decreased. W recast timer decreased. E damage to jungle monsters increased.
The good doctor has been feeling a bit under the weather early game, but on the other hand he turns into a surgeon of death come late game. We're tuning Mundo in a way that should help smooth out his power curve throughout the game, while also giving him some medical tools to help him in the jungle.
- Base Health Regeneration: 6.5 ⇒ 7
- Health Regeneration Scaling: 0.55 ⇒ 0.5
W - Heart Zapper
- Recast Timer: 1 second ⇒ 0.5 second
E - Blunt Force Trauma
- Damage to Jungle Monsters: 150% ⇒ 200%
W magic and physical damage reduction increased. E cooldown decreased.
Galio's been stuck in limbo recently, and not the fun party game kind. After patch 12.10, he doesn't deal enough damage to threaten carries by himself, but he's also not durable enough to survive for multiple spell rotations. As the Colossus of Demacia, we'd rather buff up his beefiness than make him a burst mage. So we're upping his durability and Justice Punch uptime so that he finds a little bit more utility after the laning phase.
W - Shield of Durand
- Magic Damage Reduction: 20/25/30/35/40% (+8% per 100 bonus Magic Resistance)(+5% AP) ⇒ 25/30/35/40/45% (+12% per 100 bonus Magic Resistance)(+5% AP)
- Physical Damage Reduction: 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% (+4% per 100 bonus Magic Resistance)(+2.5% AP) ⇒ 12.5/15/17.5/20/22.5% (+6% per 100 bonus Magic Resistance)(+2.5% AP)
E - Justice Punch
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
Base mana increased. Passive base damage increased, AD ratio increased. W mana cost decreased.
Talon currently struggles to interact with the minion wave in oppressive mid-lane matchups a little too much. These changes should allow him to have more mana to farm with his Rake from a distance while helping his passive damage with base power and ratio buffs. Jungle Talon has fewer mana issues, so this shouldn't affect him as much.
- Mana: 377 ⇒ 400
Passive - Blade's End
- Damage: 75-255 (based on level) (+200% bonus AD) ⇒ 80-280 (based on level) (+210% bonus AD)
W - Rake
- Mana Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
Passive bonus movement speed increased. Q bonus damage increased, empowered attack duration decreased. W damage adjusted.
Vayne's been struggling in all skill brackets recently for a few reasons. Her passive hasn't stood the test of time against more mobile champions, so we want to give her some more chase potential while allowing her to use her Q more defensively. We're also giving Vayne a bit more AD scaling on her Q to support her more AD-focused builds which have been weak since critical strike chance was removed from Vayne's Q. However, we want to curb her potential power in the top lane, so we're bringing down her percent health damage as well.
Passive - Night Hunter
- Bonus Movement Speed: 30 ⇒ 45
Q - Tumble
- Bonus Physical Damage: 60/65/70/75/80% AD ⇒ 75/85/95/105/115% AD
- Empowered Attack Duration: 7 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
W - Silver Bolts
- Percent Health Damage: 4/6/8/10/12% target's maximum health ⇒ 6/7/8/9/10% target's maximum health
Base health decreased, base armor decreased. W base damage decreased.
With great range comes great
responsibilitypower. Veigar is standing tall in mid lane, but even taller in bot lane. With his huge spike in popularity, he's actually become a relatively common bot laner with extremely high win rates. Unfortunately, we can't have him be head and shoulders above the competition, so we're cutting him down to size by reducing his early all-in power, which is much more consistent when paired with a support.
- Base Health: 575 ⇒ 550
- Base Armor: 21 ⇒ 18
W - Dark Matter
- Magic Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+100% AP) ⇒ 85/140/195/250/305 (+100% AP)
Q cooldown decreased, mana cost increased, missile speed decreased, range decreased, ally on-hit damage AP ratio reduced. R shield duration added, bonus resistances decreased.
Yuumi's rework in 13.5 came out on the powerful side. While she lost a lot of offensive threat, her poke and burst survivability made it unclear what opponents could do versus a Yuumi and her Best Friend. Final Chapter's bonus resistances, which were added to make Yuumi feel a bit safer on less durable carries, ended up removing a clear point of weakness. We're removing the bonus effect and will be monitoring how players on both teams feel when interacting with the cat and her crew.
Q - Prowling Projectile
- Ally On-Hit Damage upon hitting an enemy with Q: 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+10% AP) ⇒ 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+5% AP)
- Cooldown: 7.5/7.25/7/6.75/6.5/6.25 seconds ⇒ 6.5 seconds at all ranks
- Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70/75 ⇒ 50/60/70/80/90/100
- Unattached Missile Speed: 1000 ⇒ 850
- Enhanced Missile Speed: 1900 ⇒ 1650
- Max Range (in a straight line): 2000 ⇒ 1725
R - Final Chapter
- newOverheal Shield Duration: 3 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds (Note: the shield will last the full duration of the spell (3.5 seconds) plus this amount of time)
- removedBest Friend Bonus Resistances: 20/40/60 (+10% AP) Armor & Magic Resistance ⇒ REMOVED
The 13.1 micropatch gave ADC players a nice shot of excitement with some stronger defensive tools plus earlier access to Navori Quickblades and Infinity Edge. Turns out, earlier access to incredibly strong items is a simple recipe for "overpowered role." You've had your fun, fellow ADC players. Time for the nerfs we all knew were coming.
Bloodthirster is meant to be an opt-in defensive option for when you really need the added durability. It's not meant to be rushed so that your ADC can become a tank before everyone else gets their builds online. A flat nerf, especially in the early game, should push Bloodthirster back a slot.
- Shield: 180-450 (180 up to level 9, then +30 per level) ⇒ 100-400 (100 up to level 8, then +30 per level)
Continuing on the past few buffs to mage items, Nashor's Tooth is up next. The item previously represented a complete package for Attack Speed Mages, but that was lost when Mythic Items were meant to be the new first item purchases. While the group of champions this applies to is pretty small, we've adjusted our mindset to be more open to first item Legendaries (see Tank items and Blade of the Ruined King), so Nashor's is being adjusted to fit better in that space.
- Total Cost: 3000 ⇒ 3200
- Recipe: Blasting Wand + Recurve Bow + Amplifying Tome ⇒ Blasting Wand + Recurve Bow + Fiendish Codex
- Ability Haste: 0 ⇒ 15
Navori Quickblades is the best-performing ADC capstone by a small amount. The fact that it's out-DPSing Infinity Edge due to resetting auto attack self-buffs makes it hard to pick anything else. So, lowering that reset should make the comparison a bit more fair.
- Cooldown Reduction on Autos: 15% of remaining cooldown ⇒ 12% of remaining cooldown
Bloodline is the most-picked ADC rune in the Legend slot by far and is contributing to ADCs being generically tanky instead of opting into durability when it's needed. The rune is meant to be a choice, not automatic.
- Life Steal per Stack: 0.4% ⇒ 0.35%
- Max Health on 15 Stacks: 100 ⇒ 85
Similar to Bloodline, Lethal Tempo is the most-picked rune for ADCs by a long shot, which makes it a good target for removing power from the role at large. There are some champions where they'll never give up this level of attack speed and that's understandable, but for everyone else, there's more than just one viable keystone out there!
- Attack Speed for Ranged Users: 30-54% (maxed at level 12) ⇒ 24-54% (maxed at level 18)
In patch 12.14 we buffed the rewards for killing drakes to incite some early game action after the Durability Update. The changes achieved this goal, but put more importance on the bottom half of the map, especially during laning phase. With the recent changes to bot lane, it's almost always correct to only focus attention on the dragon and bot lane.
We're moving the dragon rewards of the stronger buffs (namely Hextech) back to a value between 12.13 and the last patch. These aren't massive shifts to the power of the objective, but are meant to combine with general bot lane nerfs to make the game feel a bit less decided based on the state of the bottom half of the map.
- Bonus Ability Haste and Attack Speed: 9/18/27/36% ⇒ 7.5/15/22.5/30%
- Hextech Soul Base Slow: 45% (35% for ranged) decaying over 2 seconds ⇒ 40% (30% for ranged) decaying over 2 seconds
- Bonus AD and AP: 6/12/18/24% ⇒ 5/10/15/20%
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resistance: 9/18/27/36% ⇒ 8/16/24/32%
- Missing Health Regeneration: 3/6/9/12% ⇒ 2.5/5/7.5/10%
For 13.6 we're looking to clean up unnecessary modifiers by reducing them on champions that are performing well, and on champions that are underperforming. We'll also be reducing turret durability since game length is currently too high.
- Corki: Damage Received: 100% ⇒ 95%
- Maokai: Damage Received: 110% ⇒ 105%
- Xerath: Damage Received: 105% ⇒ 100%
- Annie: Damage Received: 100% ⇒ 105%
- Azir: Damage Dealt: 110% ⇒ 105%
- Diana: Damage Received: 95% ⇒ 100%
- Jarvan IV: Damage Dealt: 105% ⇒ 100%
- Kai'Sa: Damage Dealt: 105% ⇒ 100%
- Master Yi: Damage Dealt: 105% ⇒ 100%
- Turret Starting Armor and MR: 75 ⇒ 60
Clash - Bilgewater Cup
As a reminder, the Bilgewater Cup Clash continues this weekend!
- Weekend 2 Registration Begins: March 20 @ 11:00 AM (Local Time)
- Weekend 2 Tournament Dates: March 25 and 26 (~4-7 PM Local, varies by region)
In observance of Ramadan and the Iftar meal, Clash lock-in times will be made earlier for these servers:
- TR1 – 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm local time
- SG2 – 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm local time
- Borders are Back: Fixed a bug that would not display your banner skin in the Clash loading screen
Normal Queue Conundrum
Warning! Large amounts of instability have been reported in this week's patch. We've managed to contain it, but only time will tell. As of now, this instability continues to build and current poro experts estimate we will reach critical levels late March 31st. The League Dev Team believes that if we reach critical mass, the event will be contained to Blind Pick and will likely pass in a couple of days, but it may be highly unusual. Firsthand reports and documentation are essential if anything unusual to prevent future issues, so if any brave souls wish to challenge Blind Pick from April 1st to 3rd, please help us by spreading the word. Godspeed and good luck.
Bystander Feedback Reports: Players who were in a game where they were exposed to disruptive behavior, but did not report themselves, will receive a notification to inform them that we took action. We know that even if you don't report, disruptive behavior harms your experience. We want to encourage players to report when they experience disruptive behavior and provide more clarity on what we consider unacceptable behavior in League.
We're generally happy with how the LP gain changes have been going, but we have some small follow up tweaks to make the experience even more smooth.
- LP win and loss amount when your visible rank approximately matches your MMR from 22 ⇒ 25.
- Slightly smoothed LP gain/loss values at the extremes of MMR and Rank disparity.
- Clarified the lobby tooltip for ranked duo queue restriction when one player's MMR is at Master tier or above.
Mythic Shop Rotation
- Prestige Fuzz Fizz
- Prestige Ascended Pantheon
- Lancer Zero Hecarim
- Hextech Tristana
- Ashen Guardian Shen
- Mythic Chroma Ashen Guardian Shen (Emberwoken)
- Ashen Guardian Shen Emote
- NOTE: Ashen Guardian Shen is the final skin in the Ashen Knight skinline (for now). The next Mythic thematic will debut later this year. Stay tuned for more information.
LEAVING THE MYTHIC SHOP
- Prestige K/DA ALL OUT Kai'Sa
- Prestige Coven Zyra
- Ashen Graveknight Mordekaiser
- Mythic Chroma Ashen Graveknight Mordekaiser (Emberwoken)
- Mythic Chroma Project Ashe
- Hextech Rammus
- Hextech Kassadin
- Ashen Graveknight Mordekaiser Emote
32-Bit Client Deprecation
As a reminder, support for 32-bit Windows OS will be deprecated on April 4, 2023. After this date a 64-bit version of Windows will be required to play League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics. For more details, please see our minimum spec requirements.
Bugfixes & QoL Changes
- Viego will now gain max stun stacks when possessing Annie
- To reflect the significantly shorter cooldown, Viego no longer tracks the cooldown of Azir passive between possessions.
- Fixed a bug where the rune recommender wasn't properly changing recommendations for the position you selected for multi-position champions.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's ultimate, Final Chapter, to not heal her through her Passive.
- Fixed a bug that was causing EDG Yuumi's ultimate SFX to play too loudly.
- Fixed a bug that caused EDG Yuumi's SFX to not play on most of her emotes.
- Fixed a bug that was causing EDG Yuumi's final wave to not display the trophy VFX.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's Passive heal expiration SFX to not play.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's Passive to sometimes not activate Summon Aery when attaching to an ally after using a charged basic attack.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's Yuubee skin E SFX to play too loudly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Bewitching Yuumi's emote and death SFX to not play correctly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's ultimate to not track the player's mouse correctly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Yuumi's Q slow effect to not decay if Yuumi is not attached.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Rift Herald to continually charge when its aggro was getting reset.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the “Get on My Level” Challenge to gain progress for takedowns that did not meet the Challenge requirements.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Karma's W VFX to not follow targeted enemies' movements.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing Aurelion Sol's W to be immediately canceled if used against a wall.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Vex's Passive enhanced auto attack to proc multiple times during Aurelion Sol's W.
- Fixed a bug that was causing K'Sante's auto attack after his third Q to now perform an empowered marked attack.
- Fixed a bug that was causing K'Sante's W be to activateable during the summoner spell mark/dash.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing Sion's R to be interrupted by ally CC.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Undo function in shop to lower total mana if biscuits were in the player's inventory.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Lucian's VFX when hitting an enemy with W and R to not be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Rengar's Q to ignore the blinding effect from Teemo's Q.
- Fixed a bug that was causing several of Kalista's VOs to not play.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Kennen's E to deal 100% damage to jungle monsters instead of 65% of the usual damage.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Kai'Sa's spawn animation to not show her shield VFX at the start of the game.
- Pulsefire Ezreal's Thruster particles are no longer displaced when casting Trueshot Barrage
- Broken Covenant Cho'Gath and Shan Hai Scrolls Cho'Gath Passive heal VFX are now unique
- Championship Kalista: Restored VFX overlay appearing on the platform near the end of recall animation
- Broken Covenant Rakan’s eyebrows were updated to better match ones from the Splash art
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch: