Aug 23, 2022
It’s time to unleash the spirits and start stance dancin’—welcome to patch 12.16!
With World’s slowly sneaking up on us, we wanted to let you know that this will be the first of several patches that will address balance issues at the highest levels of play. That said, this patch Udyr’s VGU will be hitting the Rift so be sure to give it a try! We’re also making quite a few ARAM balance adjustments, introducing a super-secret-special game variant to Ultimate Spellbook, and rotating the Mythic Shop.
In other news, it's the last patch before TFT's midset, Uncharted Realms, so come on over to the Dragonlands to hit those ranked goals before exploring the new traits and units! Read more about the last patch changes here.
8/30/2022 Mid-Patch Update
- Fixed a bug where Zeri could accumulate movement speed stacks from her ultimate after her ultimate ended and went on cooldown.
8/26/2022 Mid-Patch Update
8/24/2022 Mid-Patch Update
Commune with spirits as you walk the wilds of the Freljord with Udyr's VGU releasing this patch!
Spirit Guard Udyr icons
We're introducing a set of five new icons to match Spirit Guard Udyr's new look. The original icons will no longer be obtainable, but they'll stick around in your inventory if you've got 'em. You'll get the new ones automatically when you buy Spirit Guard Udyr, and if you already own him you can pick them up in the store for 5 RP.
Passive AD ratio increased. R now has bonus damage that scales with critical strike chance.
Caitlyn is a step behind other current top tier marksmen, especially when compared to those that scale heavily with attack speed. We want to emphasize the more unique parts of her crit-heavy builds, so we’re giving her more crit synergies to help her hit a little harder.
Passive - Headshot
R - Ace in the Hole
Passive cleave damage decreased. E AP scaling increased.
Diana has been finding success with tanky builds recently. While AP bruisers should be able to flex into more durable itemizations, we want to make sure they’re still rewarded when opting for riskier, full damage builds. We’re shifting her numbers so that her tank builds do a bit less damage and her AP-heavy builds do a bit more.
Passive - Moonsilver Blade
E - Lunar Rush
Q base damage decreased.
Draven has been an axe juggling terror in Elite brackets of play since his post-Durability Update buffs in patch 12.10. We’re rolling back the base damage portion of these buffs which helped him reach dominance in the bot lane.
Q - Spinning Axe
Base magic resist increased, armor per level increased.
Irelia is a tad weaker than her skirmisher friends in both the top and mid lane. We’re giving her a small power-up so that she has a better chance to succeed in a meta focused around safe, scaling laners.
Hammer form Q damage increased. Hammer form E damage based on target’s maximum health increased.
Jayce’s melee form hasn’t been the shining innovation of Piltover (or his kit) it once was. We’re putting some more Hextech power into his hammer by increasing its damage output so that it remains a viable tool for Jayce, even in later stages of the game.
Q (Hammer Form) - To the Skies!
E (Hammer Form) - Thundering Blow
Passive on-hit damage increased. Q AP scaling increased. R AP scaling increased.
Kai’Sa has been struggling recently, particularly when it comes to her more attack speed or AP-oriented build paths. We’re giving her some scaling power, but in a way that should avoid buffing her problematic full-AP-W-hits-for-half-my-health builds.
Passive - Second Skin
Q - Icathian Rain
R - Killer Instinct
Passive cooldown decreased early. W cooldown now decreases with rank.
Malphite’s currently stuck between himself and a hard place in the top lane. We’re giving him some more early game durability by bringing down his passive cooldowns and giving him some rock solid damage gains in the mid and late game in the form of more Thunderclaps.
Passive - Granite Shield
W - Thunderclap
Q damage to minions and monsters decreased.
Poppy has been the shining hero of the jungle in Professional play to the point where she’s starting to look more like a villain. In order not to nerf her in top lane, we’re giving her some jungle specific nerfs to slightly reduce her current clear speed.
Q - Hammer Shock
Q bonus attack speed increased.
The Yordle Gunner hasn’t been seeing much love recently, so we’re making her Rapid Fire a little more rapid in the hopes she’ll be a more appealing pick in the bot (and possibly mid) lane.
Q - Rapid Fire
E bonus move speed scales less with AP, cooldown increased late game.
Yuumi has had a very high pick rate in Professional play recently given that she synergizes well with a lot of the current meta picks and has strong scaling into the late game. We’re taking a little bit of the zoom out of her Zoomies so that her friends are a little less unkillable.
E - Zoomies
Q AD scaling decreased. W AD and AP scaling decreased.
Zeri has remained at the top of the Professional meta despite repeated changes over the past several patches. We’re nerfing her for now so we can reassess her state and path forward after Worlds. We’re also taking this opportunity to nerf the AP ratio on her W, as this play pattern has gameplay issues similar to AP Kai'Sa.
Q - Burst Fire
W - Ultrashock Laser
W adjusted. E base damage increased, AP scaling increased, pop damage increased.
Like other burst mages, Zoe hasn't been having the most fun after the Durability Update. We’re adding a little boost in damage when she hits her Trouble Bubble and helping her grab a few more spells in mid-to-late game for teamfights.
W - Spell Thief
E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble
We’re making an adjustment to Zyra’s animation lock after she casts her E so it’s now more consistent when used. This should result in a small buff for more skilled Zyra players.
E - Grasping Roots
Enchanters are still overshadowing other support classes, so we’re looking to put some more power into tank supports to even the playing field. So we’re buffing Evenshroud’s damage amplification systems which took a small hit with the Durability Update.
ONE FOR ALL-TIMATE SPELLBOOK
- Each game of Ultimate Spellbook will have a small chance for a particularly silly type of game to occur. When it does it’s weighted in favor of having a particularly large impact on the game that we can’t wait for you to FEAST your eyes on!
- Annie R and Viktor R no longer trigger Nimbus Cloak when repositioning their ultimate
- Cannon minions were actually giving too much gold! They will now hand out 3 less gold from the first cannon wave, and cap out at 101 gold around 12 minutes into the game.
- Akshan no longer fires attacks during Heroic Swing while casting Lucian R
- Aphelios no longer gets stuck in T-pose after casting certain ultimates
- When All Chat is disabled, all players on the enemy team are muted during the end of game screen
- A setting to toggle All Chat in-game is now available in the League Client
Team formation for the first weekend of the Noxus Cup starts on August 29, and the tournament days are on September 3 and 4.
- Banner skins that reflect a player’s past rank will be enabled in patch 12.16. Click on the Summoner Icon in the upper right hand corner of the client and you can equip your banner skin from there.
The Mythic Shop rotates this patch! This is a small rotation, meaning only the unvaulted Prestige skins and new Mythic Chroma are rotating. The next large rotation will be in patch 12.18.
- Prestige Battle Academia Lux (150 ME, available until Patch 12.18)
- Prestige PROJECT Zed (125 ME, available until Patch 12.18)
- Battle Academia Ezreal Mythic Chroma + Icon (40 ME, available until Patch 12.18)
LEAVING THE MYTHIC SHOP
- Prestige Blood Moon Aatrox
- Prestige Dark Star Malphite
- Star Guardian Jinx Mythic Chroma + Icon
We have some VFX updates for Fizz’s base and older skins coming this patch!
- Base: Complete overhaul
- Atlantean Fizz: Same as base, but with a custom R and W
- Tundra Fizz: Same as base, but with a custom R and W
- Fisherman Fizz: Same as base, but with a custom R and W
- Void Fizz: Complete overhaul
- Cottontail Fizz: Complete overhaul
- Super Galaxy Fizz: Complete overhaul
- Omega Squad Fizz: Changes on Q and R mirroring new base, new W passive marker
- Fuzz Fizz: Changes on Q and R mirroring new base, new W passive marker
- Prestige Fuzz Fizz: Changes on Q and R mirroring new base, new W passive marker
- Little Devil Fizz: Changes on Q and R mirroring new base, new W passive marker
- Fixed a bug where Unleashed Teleport’s cooldown upon transformation would factor its cooldown based on Ability Haste and not Summoner Spell Haste.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rune and Stat panel preferences to not save between games.
- Fixed a bug where allies could undo Ornn’s item upgrades if they were upgraded inside of the fountain.
- Fixed a bug that cause Gangplank’s Barrel expiration timers to not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would allow Sion’s R to turn more sharply than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Rell’s buff icons would not correctly display upon casting her W.
- Fixed a bug where Teemo’s tooltips did not reflect his recent mana cost changes.
- Updated Trundle’s E so that the visuals now more closely match the abilities hitbox duration.
- Fixed a bug where Zac could revive with his passive, even if his bloblets died, if he had Mountain Drake soul.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the End of Game progress meter to not correctly display the amount of progress earned.
- Fixed a bug where the “Perfectionist” challenge would not correctly display progress towards the challenge.
- Fixed a bug where the “Bad Medicine” challenge would not progress if completed using the ARAM health relic.
- Fixed a bug where Blade of the Ruined King would do less damage if purchased after another damage dealing item.
- Fixed a bug where Nimbus Cloak would activate when Unleashed Teleport started casting as opposed to when the channel was completed.
- Fixed a bug that would cause ability icons to not show as casting despite currently casting.
- Fixed a bug where Sett’s joke voice line would not play.
- Fixed a bug where the “CC Immune” text would not show over character’s health bars when using abilities like Olaf’s Ragnarok.
- Fixed a bug where Aphelios could root Sivir with his Gravitum despite her Spell Shield being active.
- Fixed a visual bug that would occur when Sylas would Hijack Star Guardian and Prestige Star Guardian Ekko’s Chronobreak.
- Fixed a bug where Yorick’s E would draw minion aggro when Ghouls dealt bonus damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused Flash to become non-functional if a player had the Hextech Flashtraption run and Flash’s cooldown ended slightly before exiting a Hexgate.
- Fixed a bug where Rell’s E could stack Tear of the Goddess by swapping it between allies.
- Fixed a bug where Monster Tamer Lulu would progress the “Vintage Look” challenge despite not being a limited skin.